All investigators are invited to submit abstracts of original research and clinical cases to be considered for presentation at ASE 2020.
|October 9, 2019||Abstract submission opens.|
|February 5, 2020||Deadline for abstract submission and editing – 11:59 PM Eastern Time (ET).|
|March 13, 2020||Notification to Presenting Authors of acceptance status. Abstract Presenter registration opens.|
Why Submit Your Work to ASE 2020?
- “Being a part of such a rich educational session enabled me to develop new research ideas and provided opportunities for collaboration. In fact, we are considering performing a study based on certain ideas developed at the conference.” – ASE 2019 Abstract Presenter
- “Sonographers, physicians, young investigators, and leaders were all there to share their perspective and experience. It was a great opportunity for me to meet and connect with other young investigators as well as leaders in the field from around the world and learn about novel ideas and (the) future direction of echocardiography.” – ASE 2019 Abstract Presenter
Abstracts will be accepted for consideration in the following categories:
- Adult Patient Cases
- Pediatric Patient Cases
- Veterinary Cases (New)
ORIGINAL SCIENCE – DISEASE/PATHOLOGY-BASED
- Diseases of the Aorta / Vascular Diseases
- Echocardiography in SOE / Arrhythmias / Atrial Function
- Echocardiography in Systemic Disease (DM, HOR, Obesity) / Pericardial Disease / Primary Myocardial Disease
- Ischemic Heart Disease
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Pediatric Heart Disease
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Veterinary / Comparative Medicine (New)
ORIGINAL SCIENCE – TECHNIQUE/PROCEDURE-BASED
- 3D Echocardiography
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
- Contrast Echocardiography
- Critical Care Ultrasound / Point of Care Ultrasound
- Doppler / Hemodynamics
- Intraprocedural Echocardiography (Operating Room and Interventional Lab) / TEE
- New Technology
- Quality / Practice Improvement (New)
- Ventricular Function / Myocardial Mechanics
- Value of Echocardiography (Quality and Cost) / Outcomes / Comparative Effectiveness
Benefits of Abstract Acceptance
The annual showcase of investigators from around the world presenting cutting-edge research on the latest advances in cardiovascular ultrasound and cases illustrating evolutions in patient care is a highlight of ASE’s Annual Scientific Sessions.
ASE 2020 offers opportunities for investigators to share important findings with colleagues and interact with global leaders in the field. Benefits of abstract acceptance include:
- Publication – Accepted abstracts of original science are published in a top-ranked, high impact cardiovascular journal, the Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography (JASE).
- Awareness – Selected abstracts are promoted to the health and science media in the top 50 markets. Past coverage has included CBS News, the Washington Post, and cardiovascular trade press hitting 3.5 million readers.
- Visibility – Global experts in cardiovascular research and clinical care will see your work and dedicated viewing times create opportunities for discussion with faculty and attendees. Presenters benefit from this interaction by gaining feedback on current and future projects, while also discovering the latest research results and advances in cardiovascular health.
- Acknowledgement of Exceptional Research – Investigators meeting certain criteria are eligible to participate in competitions to highlight exceptional projects, including the Arthur E. Weyman Young Investigator’s Award Competition for young investigators under the age of 40, and the Brian Haluska Sonographer Research Award Competition for sonographer investigators who served as the primary investigator on their project. Finalists in both competitions receive support to attend the conference and are eligible for monetary prizes. ASE 2020 will also continue its Top Investigators recognition for a special group of highly graded studies, which includes travel support for their lead investigators.
- International Recognition – The winner of the Arthur E. Weyman Young Investigator’s Award Competition will be invited to present their research at the 2020 European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging and 2021 Japanese Society of Echocardiography annual meetings.
View our Guidelines for Abstract Preparation and Submission and Frequently Asked Questions, or contact email@example.com.