Abstract Submission is Now Closed.
|October 5, 2022||Abstract submission opens.|
|February 15, 2023||EXTENDED deadline for abstract submission and editing – 11:59 PM ET|
|March 27, 2023||Notification to Presenting Authors of acceptance status. Abstract Presenter registration opens.|
Abstracts will be accepted for consideration in the following categories:
- Adult Patient Cases
- Critical Care Cases NEW!
- Pediatric & Congenital Patient Cases
- Multi-Modality Cases NEW!
- My Best Heart Team Cases NEW!
- Veterinary Medicine Cases
ORIGINAL SCIENCE – DISEASE/PATHOLOGY-BASED
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Athlete’s Heart
- Critical Illness NEW!
- Cardio-Obstetrics NEW!
- Diseases of the Aorta / Vascular Diseases
- Echocardiography in SOE / Arrhythmias / Atrial Function
- Echocardiography in Systemic Diseases (DM, HTN, Obesity) / Pericardial Disease
- Echocardiography in Myocardial Disease (HCM, Amyloidosis, Sarcoidosis, Chagas)
- Adult & Pediatric Heart Failure / Transplant / Other
- Ischemic Heart Disease
- Pediatric Congenital Heart Disease
- Valvular Heart Disease: Aortic
- Valvular Heart Disease: Mitral
- Valvular Heart Disease: Tricuspid & Pulmonic
- Veterinary / Comparative Medicine
ORIGINAL SCIENCE – TECHNIQUE/PROCEDURE-BASED
- 3D Echocardiography
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
- Contrast Echocardiography
- Doppler / Hemodynamics
- Perioperative Echocardiography NEW!
- Interventional Echocardiography (Operating Room and Interventional Lab) NEW!
- Developing Technology and InnovationNEW!
- Multi-Modality Imaging NEW!
- Quality / Practice Improvement / Education
- Ventricular Function / Myocardial Mechanics
- Value of Echocardiography (Quality & Cost) / Outcomes / Comparative Effectiveness
Benefits of Abstract Acceptance
The annual showcase of investigators from around the world presenting cutting-edge research on the latest advances in cardiovascular ultrasound and cases illustrating evolutions in patient care is a highlight of ASE’s Annual Scientific Sessions.
ASE 2023 offers opportunities for investigators to share important findings with colleagues and interact with global leaders in the field. Benefits of abstract acceptance include:
- Publication– Accepted abstracts of original science are published online in a top-ranked, high impact cardiovascular journal, the Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography (JASE).
- Awareness– Selected abstracts are promoted to the health and science media in the top 50 markets. Past coverage has included CBS News, the Washington Post, and cardiovascular trade press hitting 3.5 million readers.
- Visibility– Global experts in cardiovascular research and clinical care will see your work, and virtual presentation creates opportunities for discussion with faculty and attendees. Presenters benefit from this interaction by gaining feedback on current and future projects, while also discovering the latest research results and advances in cardiovascular health.
- Acknowledgement of Exceptional Research– Investigators meeting certain criteria are eligible to participate in competitions to highlight exceptional projects, including the Arthur E. Weyman Young Investigator’s Award Competition for young investigators under the age of 40, and the Brian Haluska Sonographer Research Award Competition for sonographer investigators who served as the primary investigator on their project. Finalists in both competitions receive support to attend the conference and are eligible for monetary prizes. ASE 2022 will also continue its Top Investigators recognition for a special group of highly graded studies, which includes travel support for their lead investigators.
- International Recognition– The winner of the Arthur E. Weyman Young Investigator’s Award Competition will be invited to present their research at the 2022 European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging and 2023 Japanese Society of Echocardiography annual meetings.
View our Guidelines for Abstract Preparation and Submission or visit our FAQ page. Please email any withdrawal requests to Abstracts@ASEcho.org.