All investigators are invited to submit abstracts of original research and clinical cases to be considered for presentation at ASE 2022.
Submission is now open!
|October 6, 2021||Abstract submission opens.|
|February 9, 2022||Deadline for abstract submission and editing – 11:59 PM Eastern Time (ET).|
|March 18, 2022||Notification to Presenting Authors of acceptance status. Abstract Presenter registration opens.|
Why Submit Your Work to ASE 2022?
- “2020 has been a very challenging year globally but many organizations have learned to adapt to these unique challenges and American Society of Echocardiography is one of them. This is the first year that the conference has been presented virtually, and the experience was both informative and cultivating.” – ASE 2020 Abstract Presenter
- “The ASE Scientific Sessions is an important appointment to get together with colleagues from all over the world and to create connections between centers that are essential to build future collaborations. It provides a great opportunity to young investigators to interact with the most established researchers and ask them career advice.” – ASE 2020 Abstract Presenter
Abstracts will be accepted for consideration in the following categories:
- Adult Patient Cases
- COVID-19 Patient Cases
- Pediatric & Congenital Patient Cases
- Veterinary Medicine Cases
ORIGINAL SCIENCE – DISEASE/PATHOLOGY-BASED
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Athlete’s Heart NEW!
- Diseases of the Aorta / Vascular Diseases
- Echocardiography in SOE / Arrhythmias / Atrial Function
- Echocardiography in Systemic Diseases (DM, HTN, Obesity) / Pericardial Disease
- Echocardiography in Myocardial Disease (HCM, Amyloidosis, Sarcoidosis, Chagas) NEW!
- Adult & Pediatric Heart Failure / Transplant / Other
- Ischemic Heart Disease
- Pediatric Congenital Heart Disease
- Valvular Heart Disease: AorticNEW!
- Valvular Heart Disease: Mitral NEW!
- Valvular Heart Disease: Tricuspid & Pulmonic NEW!
- Veterinary / Comparative Medicine
ORIGINAL SCIENCE – TECHNIQUE/PROCEDURE-BASED
- 3D Echocardiography
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
- Contrast Echocardiography
- Critical Care Ultrasound / Point of Care Ultrasound
- Doppler / Hemodynamics
- Intraprocedural Echocardiography (Operating Room and Interventional Lab) / TEE
- New Technology
- Quality / Practice Improvement / Education
- Ventricular Function / Myocardial Mechanics
- Value of Echocardiography (Quality & Cost) / Outcomes / Comparative Effectiveness
Benefits of Abstract Acceptance
The annual showcase of investigators from around the world presenting cutting-edge research on the latest advances in cardiovascular ultrasound and cases illustrating evolutions in patient care is a highlight of ASE’s Annual Scientific Sessions.
ASE 2022 offers opportunities for investigators to share important findings with colleagues and interact with global leaders in the field. Benefits of abstract acceptance include:
- Publication– Accepted abstracts of original science are published online in a top-ranked, high impact cardiovascular journal, the Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography (JASE).
- Awareness– Selected abstracts are promoted to the health and science media in the top 50 markets. Past coverage has included CBS News, the Washington Post, and cardiovascular trade press hitting 3.5 million readers.
- Visibility– Global experts in cardiovascular research and clinical care will see your work, and virtual presentation creates opportunities for discussion with faculty and attendees. Presenters benefit from this interaction by gaining feedback on current and future projects, while also discovering the latest research results and advances in cardiovascular health.
- Acknowledgement of Exceptional Research– Investigators meeting certain criteria are eligible to participate in competitions to highlight exceptional projects, including the Arthur E. Weyman Young Investigator’s Award Competition for young investigators under the age of 40, and the Brian Haluska Sonographer Research Award Competition for sonographer investigators who served as the primary investigator on their project. Finalists in both competitions receive support to attend the conference and are eligible for monetary prizes. ASE 2022 will also continue its Top Investigators recognition for a special group of highly graded studies, which includes travel support for their lead investigators.
- International Recognition– The winner of the Arthur E. Weyman Young Investigator’s Award Competition will be invited to present their research at the 2022 European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging and 2023 Japanese Society of Echocardiography annual meetings.
View our Guidelines for Abstract Preparation and Submission or visit our FAQ page. Please email any withdrawal requests to Abstracts@ASEcho.org.