All investigators are invited to submit abstracts of original research and clinical cases to be considered for presentation at ASE 2019.
|October 10, 2018||Abstract submission opens.|
|February 6, 2019||Deadline for abstract submission and editing – 11:59 PM Eastern Time (ET).|
|March 15, 2019||Notification to Presenting Authors of acceptance status. Abstract Presenter registration opens.|
Why Submit Your Work to ASE 2019?
- “I was able to share my research while meeting other physicians and learning of the wide-range of research topics in echocardiography going on at various institutions in the US and across the globe. It was a wonderful experience!” ASE 2018 Abstract Presenter
- “During the poster sessions, I was able to not only present my own research and received useful feedback, but also I dropped by many other posters and was fascinated by many of the studies.” ASE 2018 Abstract Presenter
- “The conference was a great opportunity to learn about the latest in echocardiography research in order to develop ideas and to better utilize imaging in the care of my patients.” ASE 2018 Abstract Presenter
Abstracts will be accepted for consideration in the following categories:
- Adult Patient Cases
- Pediatric Patient Cases
ORIGINAL SCIENCE – DISEASE/PATHOLOGY-BASED
- Diseases of the Aorta / Vascular Diseases
- Echocardiography in SOE / Arrhythmias / Atrial Function
- Echocardiography in Systemic Disease (DM, HOR, Obesity) / Pericardial Disease / Primary Myocardial Disease
- Ischemic Heart Disease
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Pediatric Heart Disease
- Valvular Heart Disease
ORIGINAL SCIENCE – TECHNIQUE/PROCEDURE-BASED
- 3D Echocardiography
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning NEW
- Contrast Echocardiography
- Critical Care Ultrasound / Point of Care Ultrasound
- Doppler / Hemodynamics
- Intraprocedural Echocardiography (Operating Room and Interventional Lab) / TEE
- New Technology
- Ventricular Function / Myocardial Mechanics
- Value of Echocardiography (Quality and Cost) / Outcomes / Comparative Effectiveness
Benefits of Abstract Acceptance
The annual showcase of investigators from around the world presenting cutting-edge research on the latest advances in cardiovascular ultrasound and cases illustrating evolutions in patient care is a highlight of ASE’s Annual Scientific Sessions.
ASE 2019 offers opportunities for investigators to share important findings with colleagues and interact with global leaders in the field. Benefits of abstract acceptance include:
- Publication – Accepted abstracts of original science are published in a top-ranked, high impact cardiovascular journal, the Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography (JASE).
- Awareness – Selected abstracts are promoted to the health and science media in the top 50 markets. Past coverage has included CBS News, the Washington Post, and cardiovascular trade press hitting 3.5 million readers.
- Visibility – Global experts in cardiovascular research and clinical care will see your work and dedicated viewing times create opportunities for discussion with faculty and attendees. Presenters benefit from this interaction by gaining feedback on current and future projects, while also discovering the latest research results and advances in cardiovascular health.
- Acknowledgement of Exceptional Research – Investigators meeting certain criteria are eligible to participate in competitions to highlight exceptional projects, including the Arthur E. Weyman Young Investigator’s Award Competition for young investigators under the age of 40, and the Brian Haluska Sonographer Research Award Competition for sonographer investigators who served as the primary investigator on their project. Finalists in both competitions receive support to attend the conference and are eligible for monetary prizes. ASE 2019 will also continue its Top Investigators recognition for a special group of highly graded studies, which includes travel support for their lead investigators.
- International Recognition – The winner of the Arthur E. Weyman Young Investigator’s Award Competition will be invited to present his/her research at the 2019 European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging and 2020 Japanese Society of Echocardiography annual meetings.
View our Guidelines for Abstract Preparation and Submission and Frequently Asked Questions, or contact email@example.com.