COVID-19 Safety Measures at ASE 2022
ASE requires all participants (including attendees, faculty, and vendors) to be fully vaccinated in order to gain entry to ASE Scientific Sessions. Conference participants are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the appropriate dosing of the coronavirus vaccine of choice. The list of accepted vaccinations is below.
Participants will be asked to show proof of full vaccination in order to receive a badge at event check-in; badges are required to attend any in-person course activities. Face masks are NOW REQUIRED while indoors, when not eating, drinking, or speaking at a microphone, while attending the ASE 2022 Scientific Sessions.
Participants who cannot meet the requirements in this Statement, or are unable to attend an event due to travel restrictions, are encouraged to register for the course virtually.
Providing Proof of Vaccination
The following are two (2) acceptable ways to show proof of full vaccination status at event check-in:
- Vaccination status with a digital vaccination card – visit https://clear.app.link/SITP to download the CLEAR Mobile App and follow the instructions to create your digital vaccination card. This is a free service – all you need to do is upload your digital vaccination card.
- Vaccination status with your vaccination card – show the vaccination card that was issued to you at the time of your vaccine, either a HARD COPY or a DIGITAL COPY of the front and back of the card.
ASE will accept the following FDA-approved vaccines or WHO authorized vaccines, which include:
- AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine
- Johnson and Johnson
**Attendees are not required to create a Health Pass through CLEAR. Uploading a digital vaccination card through CLEAR (free service) to present at event check-in will suffice.
Health & Safety Checkpoint
The ASE Health & Safety checkpoint will be located in the Seattle Convention Center, just outside the Atrium Lobby on Level 4 at the top of the escalators. All participants will be asked to show proof of vaccination at the Health & Safety checkpoint prior to heading to the Registration desk. You will receive a green card to then turn in at the Registration desk to receive your name badge. Once you receive your name badge, you do not need to show proof of vaccination at the Health & Safety checkpoint again (unless you lose or misplace your badge).
Onsite COVID-19 Testing
ASE will have rapid antigen COVID-19 tests available for attendees who wish to take one. Please visit the ASE Health & Safety Checkpoint area to obtain a test. It is strongly recommended to test in advance prior to attending any ASE in-person course to help minimize exposure. It is not guaranteed that these rapid antigen COVID-19 tests will be accepted for international travel, please check these requirements prior to travel. ASE will also have extra face coverings available at the Health & Safety Checkpoint area.
Rapid COVID-19 testing and Lab PCR testing is also available at the Seattle Convention Center. There is no out-of-pocket cost with valid insurance. This is available on Level 1 from 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM Monday through Friday, and appointments are required. Weekend testing is available at the Paramount Theater from 12:00 PM – 6:00 PM. Visit curative.com to make an appointment, or visit the Health & Safety Checkpoint for more information.
ASE is providing the following in partnership with the conference Convention Center and/or hotel(s):
- Hand sanitizer stations positioned throughout the meeting space.
- Disposable face coverings for anyone needing one. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own mask, provided it follows the CDC’s guidelines for wearing masks.
- Signage to reinforce social distancing and other safety reminders.